#ComeToYourCensus it’s Here!
Remember: the Census is EASY, SAFE and IMPORTANT.
You will receive a postcard invitation this month by mail! This will include a code unique to your address that can be used to respond online — or you can respond by mail or phone if that works better for you. It will take no more than 10 minutes.
The U.S. Census Bureau can not share information with anyone by law – the Census will NOT share responses with ICE, DHS, FBI or police. The Census will NOT share information with Landlords.
The US Census will not ask for social security, bank information, or anything related to any political party.
For every person NOT counted, Baltimore will lose $18,000 in federal funds over ten years. These dollars go to support critical programming, from WIC to Head Start to community health care to transportation.
https://2020census.gov/en.html —> Fill out the Census form here; you don’t need to wait for the mailed invitation!
https://2020census.gov/en/languages.html —> This website provides language support in 59 non-English languages, including American Sign Language, as well as guides in braille and large print.
Social Media: We Need Your Help!
Please see our Social Media toolkit, with images and sample text via this link. Use this material to share with your friends and family online!
Will Census Employees Come to My Door this Spring?
You may see Census Employees conducting multiple operations in communities due to the COVID-19 Delays in the timeline. Please know that so long as your Census is complete by before June, you should not expect an in-person follow-up. For more information on how to identify a Census Employee, please visit this link: https://www.census.gov/about/regions/philadelphia/contact/identify.html
Completing the Census By Phone
There are several ways that you can contact the U.S. Census Bureau for support.
For language support: The 2020 Census can be completed by phone in the following languages. Phone lines are open every day from 7am to 2am Eastern Time.
- English: 844-330-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Chinese (Mandarin): 844-391-2020
- Chinese (Cantonese): 844-398-2020
- Vietnamese: 844-461-2020
- Korean: 844-392-2020
- Russian: 844-417-2020
- Arabic: 844-416-2020
- Tagalog: 844-478-2020
- Polish: 844-479-2020
- French: 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole: 844-477-2020
- Portuguese: 844-474-2020
- Japanese: 844-460-2020
- English (for Puerto Rico residents): 844-418-2020
- Spanish (for Puerto Rico residents): 844-426-2020
For information on services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing: Call the TDD number at 844-467-2020.
Join the Southwest Partnership, Inc. and Organization of Hope, Inc. for a family fun day at Hollins Market on May 29, 2020, at 4 PM. For our official 2020 Census Day Party / Get Out The Vote Rally we teamed up with Baltimore Public Markets for their Last Friday Summer Sounds event series for an evening full of community pride, entertainment, and resources!
- Complete the 2020 Census Survey (online or mailer)
- Take a photo of your completed Census (be sure to block your personal information)
- Share your photo with us on Instagram (@swp_baltimore) / Facebook (Southwest Partnership) using hashtags: #ComeToYourCensus #BmoreCensusChallenge
- IF YOU ARE NOT ON SOCIAL MEDIA, Submit a photo your completed Census Form to our Google Form to Register for your chance to WIN
- Follow-up with Southwest Partnership for the Come To Your Census Day Party – tentatively scheduled for May 29, 2020 due to the COVID-19 Virus, we will update accordingly but the Raffle will still take place and the winner will be awarded by June 1, 2020.
During this event, we will announce the winners to our Come To Your Census Raffle for all of those who Pledged to Complete the 2020 Census and did so. Community members who have not yet completed the Census can do so on-site with official workers of the Federal Census Bureau. Come to learn about voting opportunities and meet some of the Baltimore City candidates for Mayor.