Commercial Development Committee
January 22, 2019
Welcome and Introductions
Approval of December Minutes
- Dan and bill seconded minutes
- Facade grant
- Update on 1241 W Baltimore St – Masonry work will begin shortly, windows are ordered for third floor. Since the owners decided not to have the 2nd floor windows done, we have about $60,000 still available for more work. Must be committed by June 30.
- Owner of 1421 W Baltimore St, approached SWP and is doing his own estimates for the Facade Subcommittee to review. — Kenneth will schedule date to review proposals.
- Ideas for other locations:
- 1501 W baltimore
- Primo Chicken
- Contract for leaseback agreement signed and should come into effect by end of February.
- Lord Baltimore
- Michael Seipp received estimate of $180,000 to stabilize front section of building (which includes the “projection room”). Option to buy remains.
- At one point does situation with Lord Baltimore need to be reviewed? – Jane; what will be total cost?
- Is it worth saving? – Bif
- 1500 w baltimore st
- 1518 is still working through tenants. SWP plans to move offices there. Looking at a mix of possible uses including Bon Secours Head Start, Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF) and a Teen Tech Center.
- 1503-1511 – should have plans at next meeting to show
- 1504 (Malachi Mills) – waiting on site control. Have some State grant funding for stabilization.
- 1515-1519 W baltimore st — beginning to bow
- 1525 w baltimore st — william culler; He is now cleaning out 1523 cleaning; 1527 now affected
- Two candidates nominated
- Catherine Neely
- Kenneth Watson
- Both candidates provided remarks
- 2019 Commercial Committee Chair is Kenneth Watson
- Feb 12 CHAP Commission; presentation on whole project
- Warhorse has come up for plans for 10 townhouses
- 1135 Hollins fire — Warhorse asking for demo
- Stockton street 39-41 warehouse
- Feb 26 – Zoning commission hearing for The Back Yard
- 50 and 48 S Fulton — treatment center has been buying these properties (Morrell Park) → BNJ; is there any update?
- Liquor Board: 1000 W Lombard liquor store pleaded guilty to charges; Hollins Roundhouse intends to protest renewal of license in March, schedules hearing in April. — Need to support the neighborhood campaign
- 1100 wicomico has pop up cafe (vagrant cafe); co-working space
Adjournment – Jane made motion and Dan seconded.