Public Safety Committee
April 22, 2020
Introductions – Attendees: Scott Kashnow, Howard Hughes, Octavia Robinson, Cpl. JR Jones, JR Lee, Tyrone Roper, Laura Dykes, Robert Meyer, Tony Scott
Approval of February minutes, Howard/ JR
Tyrone Roper – Community Engagement Center Executive Director
- GOCCP – Glen Fueston is one source of funding
- Commissioner Harrison’s Community Plan
- VIPP – Delegate Brooke Lierman: to initiate Safe Streets
- worked in Charles Village to build public safety plans
- SWP could create a broader approach
- How can “Hate Crimes” help us to get cameras?
- for example Churches, or minorities
- BPD doesn’t track this way, but you can tell your stories
- Deadline: May 1, but we can still have conversation that would help for future opportunities – Tony will set up a call.
- BRNI/CORE FY2021 Recap – Alley Gates application approved by board
- Lighting survey
- Tony will reach out to Neighborhood Design Center
- Consider path on MLK going toward Pigtown for lighting
- what is status on Carey st underpass? – Issue between DOT and BGE taking ownership of lights. Maybe engage Senator Hayes office to move forward?
- Alley Gates
- Working on installing access lockboxes to existing gates. New gate installation on hold.
- Neighborhood Crime Updates