NOTE: These are draft minutes that have yet to be formally reviewed and approved by the Committee. Once the Committee meets again and reviews these minutes, this page will be updated.
D R A F T
November 14, 2019
Attendees: Dorothy Paige, Suzanne Welch, Shannon Darrow, Diana Geis, Owen Bement, Dan Rodenberg, Christina Engerman, Nancy McCormick, Leila, Heather Kangas, Sonia Eaddy, Paulette Carroll
Introductions – What could SWP do better?
- More events for the outside to see us as a group
- Improved communication between members
- More equity in living conditions, figure out how to support each other
- Improved communication between presidents
- Talk more to the outside, the inside hears it too
Review of October Minutes
- Nancy makes motion to approve, and Dan seconds
- Shannon Darrow – Fair Housing Action Center of Maryland (https://www.fairhousingmd.org/)
- Gave a presentation on their Landlord and tenant advocacy work, and Fair Housing Law advocacy
- UMB ROAR – The Rebuild, Overcome, and Rise (ROAR) Center aims to co-create with survivors a community in which people who experience crime or systemic injustice are empowered to achieve their own sense of justice, healing and well-being. Contact: 410-706-2781
- Tenant/Landlord Issues: Owen Bement at Civil Justice Network firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-706-0177
- Heather Kangas presented herself as candidate for housing committee chair
- No other candidates were nominated or presented
- Results: 7 in favor 1 against – Heather is new committee chair for 2020
Motion: Dottie Page made a motion for there to be No housing meeting in December to allow Diana & Heather to transfer knowledge; Seconded by Sonia
Next meeting will be January 9th
- La Cite – Discussion on potential for requesting parcels for other developers (including HUD)
- Townes at the Terrace – Letter Update
- Sent letter out to Janet Abrahams, Edgewood Management, and HCD last week
- Poe Homes Planning – Neighborhood Task Force Funding Update
- Receivership – No updates
- Tax sale
- How do we make this more accessible for potential homeowners? Get 203k Loan specialist to meet with neighborhoods?
- How do we make simpler for homeowners?
New Business – N/A