Congratulations to the projects awarded a Southwest Partnership Small Neighborhood Grant during our spring 2018 round!
More than $32,000 was awarded to neighborhood organizations and groups for projects that increase the vibrancy of public spaces, reduce blight, and improve quality of life for area residents.
Awarded projects included landscaping and vacant lot improvements, public art, and neighborhood signs.
- SAFE Alternative Foundation for Education: $3960 for the SAFE Center Farm and Greenhouse: expanding the existing greenhouse and increasing growing space (Poppleton)
- Union Square Association: $5000 for Neighborhood Signs: street pole signs to welcome visitors to the neighborhood, share the neighborhood’s culture, and celebrate its history in Union Square
- Southwest Baltimore Charter School: $5000 for Southwest Baltimore Charter School Signage: landscaping and a welcome mural along S Carey St (Pigtown)
- Mount Clare Community Council: $5000 for ‘Welcome to Mount Clare’ a neighborhood welcome mural along S Carey St
- Block residents, the Franklin Square Community Association, Operation WinInLife CDC, Bon Secours Community Works Clean and Green Landscape Team and Bon Secours Baltimore: $1800 for Kirby Lane Park: signage, seating, a horseshoe pit and other improvements on vacant space in the 1800 block of W Saratoga St (Franklin Square)
- Franklin Square Community Association: $1513 for Saratoga St Park: plantings, landscaping, and furniture for a vacant lot along the 1300 block of W Saratoga St
- Barre Circle Community Association: $5000 for the Bird Cage Refresh: restoration of public art and landscaping in a vacant lot along W Pratt St
- Black Cherry Puppet Theater: $5000 for emergency roof repair (Hollins Roundhouse)
The next round of funding opens July 1st 2018 and applications are due September 1 2018. Eligible projects:
- Are in one of the seven Southwest Partnership neighborhoods
- Are planned by a neighborhood association, group of community members, school, or nonprofit organization
- Are in public spaces
- Make a positive, permanent change to the neighborhoods
For more information on how to apply visit: http://southwestpartnershipbaltimore.org/portfolio/small-neighborhood-grants-available/
email email@example.com, or
call 667-210-2105 and ask for Elizabeth