The Southwest Partnership is hiring an Events and Marketing Manager. The Events and Marketing Manager will organize, coordinate, and manage community events for the Southwest Partnership and its member organizations and market the vision and mission of the Southwest Partnership.
About the Southwest Partnership
The Southwest Partnership is a coalition of seven neighborhood associations and six anchor institutions in Southwest Baltimore building an awesome, diverse, cohesive community of choice in the Southwest Partnership neighborhoods of Barre Circle, Franklin Square, Hollins Roundhouse, Mount Clare, Pigtown, Poppleton, and Union Square.
We work on a comprehensive range of community development activities–from housing and commercial development, to public safety and transportation, to historic preservation, to workforce development and strengthening our schools.
The Marketing and Events Manager will be the lead person for events and marketing guidance for Southwest Partnership organizations, neighborhoods, Committees, community members, businesses, and staff. They will:
- Manage Southwest Partnership events such as our biannual community meetings
Organize and support existing community events including the SoWeBohemian Arts and Music Festival, the Mount Clare Mother’s Day Celebration, and the Union Square Cookie Tour
- Identify opportunities for and develop new events across the Southwest Partnership neighborhoods that will promote neighborhoods and initiatives, build community connectedness, and bring visitors to the area
- Assist in creating content about events and community happenings for our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the Southwest Partnership website
- Build a robust, useful, regular community newsletter that will update community members, partners, and the general public on Southwest Partnership activities and projects and put together our annual report
- Provide guidance and expertise to Southwest Partnership Committees and the Board of Directors on marketing and events
- Work with our Fund Development Committee on crafting and sharing the Southwest Partnership story
- Work to provide relevant information to our public relations partner for event publicity and press material development
The Southwest Partnership is a new organization, and this is a new position, so the Marketing and Events Manager will work with the staff and Board of Directors to develop specific roles and areas of focus.
Because of the nature of community work the schedule will be flexible but evening and weekend hours will be required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
A successful Southwest Partnership Events and Marketing Manager will be:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and comfortable developing new projects and programs
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people and understand their individual goals and expectations
- Enthusiastic about the Southwest Partnership neighborhoods and our mission and vision
- Organized and able to work very independent
The Marketing and Events Manager will have:
- Five years experience in managing events
- Five years experience in marketing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience and comfort with managing social media content on a variety of platforms
- Familiarity with Baltimore City, and preferably with the Southwest Partnership neighborhoods
The salary range for the position is between $40,000 and $50,000.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Michael Seipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.