The Commercial Development Committee supports local businesses, encourages commercial development, and builds clean, safe, and exciting commercial corridors.
The Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm at Hamilton Bank 764 Washington Blvd.
Chair: Troy Wilson
Goals for 2017
- Main Street designation for W. Baltimore St between Fulton Ave and Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
- Campaign to attract job producing businesses to the area
- Technical assistance to small businesses
- Strategic acquisition of key commercial buildings that, if put back into positive use, would have an immediate impact on the surrounding community
- Renovation of Hollins Market to turn the Market into a destination and resource for the community